Thursday, September 30, 2010

Anthony's Pizza II (Easton, PA)

Full steak/ onions peppers/ American cheese 








$6.50


This was the best cheesesteak I have reviewed yet, and it caught me completely off-guard. When I entered the pizzeria everyone was speaking Spanish, and when I ordered the cheesesteak the Latino guy seemed a bit confused and asked me if I wanted sauce on it.  I said, "No, just onions and peppers."  I assume he meant tomato sauce, which I guess is something that they do in Easton, PA?


It sounds good, I might have to try that sometime.


Bread: 9
Great bread! Very crispy from being lightly toasted in the pizza oven and still soft and chewy. Lots of flavor in the roll!


Meat: 5
Good portion, better taste! You can see in the image above that there is a bit of redness on the meat, I don't think it was from being undercooked. I think he added some type of seasoning, if not, it still tasted amazing!


Cheese: 5
Full points for cheese because this guy put a lot of cheese on it. Most places would require you to ask for extra cheese to match this cheeseliciousness, but not here.


Flavor: 8
Everything tasted amazing, onions and peppers were all good. I can't justify giving a higher score then an 8 because there needs to be a better taste out there, but this was definitely one of the top cheesesteaks I've had in a long time.


Misc: 5
Bonus points for sheer awesomeness in a sandwich and they had ICB Root Beer, which I haven't had since I was a youngster. I was very impressed.


Total: 32


Anthony's Pizza II
3621 Nazareth Road
Easton, PA 18045-8335
(610) 515-0300

No comments:

Post a Comment